Got a brand new laptop of the brand HP, spent hours and hours surfing the internet, and came across some really cool stuff that you want to store in your new laptop? What do you do then? How do you know the readymade shortcuts that are necessary to be in hand for a quick screenshot? Whatever are your problems, we are here with a solution on how to take a screenshot on the HP laptop.
All you have to do is understand which of the tools you can use and get some hands-on practice for it.
Firstly you need to determine how to take a screenshot on a hp laptop- wholly or partly. There are different methodologies for both. So without wasting much time, let us check out the steps on how to screenshot on hp.
Also read: How to Get Rid of a Virus?
So without any further ado, let’s dive deep into the cream of the article.
- Using the Windows key and the PrtScr (Win+PrtScr) together if you want the whole screen to be captured.
- After this, the screen will blank out for a few milliseconds. When this happens, it is indicated that the screenshot happened successfully.
- You don’t have to manually save the screenshot as it gets automatically stored in the ‘Screenshot’ folder of the ‘Pictures’. To access it, click on the Windows key and the ‘E’ button (Win+E) to explore, and on the left pane, you can see the folder of ‘Pictures’ in the Quick Access section. You can locate the folder over there.
- Press the Ctrl key and the PrtScr key together (Ctrl+ PrtScr) to capture the screen.
- Though there won’t be any blinks, you can be assured that the screenshot was captured.
- Open the Paint tool and simply paste the captured image (Ctrl+ V). Now you can save the whole image in jpg, png, or jpeg format.
- Search for the Snipping Tool in the Windows search box and open the snipping tool.
- Click on the ‘New’ option and you can select a rectangular region by dragging the mouse diagonally.
- Once you release the mouse click, the selected image will be shown. Click on the fourth icon from the left that is, the ‘Save Snip’ button, and gives the pathway for the picture to be saved.
- This is a great tool to show only selected regions of an image.
- Now assume a scenario where you want to give some captured data to someone but it neither should be the whole part nor symmetrical. So now what will you do about it? Capture a full image and keep cropping it is a good solution, but ever thought of what horrible picture quality will it produce?
- Or else, you can simply open the ‘Snip & Sketch’ tool by pressing Ctrl, Shift and S key (Ctrl+ Shift+ S). Drag your mouse according to your desired shape and then release the mouse to get that selected portion of that captured image.
- You can also edit the image by applying its various filters and erase a few sections or add text if required.
- This is highly preferred of the tool when the shape you need is asymmetrical.
If you want some powerful tools to capture a screenshot with strong editing features, then this tool is ideal for you. Search for Lightshot or simply download it here. It does not just allow you to capture any random screen at any random moment, but also gives you some strong editing features such as hues, contrast, transparency, saturation, etc.
Some more of its features include cloud storage, internet sharing, and it is available as Chrome or Firefox extensions and also downloadable for all OS platforms.
Available with online features as well, it is just one of the best downloadable tools you can come across.
The other tools that we recommend to you for online purposes are-
- You’re running some live statistics on the laptop and want an image of some important data at a particular instant.
- Running some applications that can not be screenshot while using on your phone.
- You’re surfing something and liked some articles or images.
- Crazy images that we can capture while video calling to people you like.
- Need something necessary to be captured on a big screen. (So that good resolution is obtained.)
- Capturing images while the run-through game is going on.
So here are some reasons and answers for your confusion on how to screenshot on hp. There are many such applications available for screenshots, but I suggest you go for the in-built features of the laptop as the software and applications can consist of malware and virus somehow. This can go undetected sometimes and can cause unexpected consequences. With this piece of advice, happy ‘screenshotting’!
You can also check out this youtube video on “How to take a screenshot on HP laptop.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QnBX8tyZtM
End of the Line-
This is how one can take a screenshot on HP Laptop. If you think we are missing any step in the article “How to take a screenshot on HP laptop”, let us know in the comment, and we will add it in the article ASAP. Also, check our list of Free Unblocked Movie Sites.
Keep visiting PSnama for more information related to the best applications and technology.